Original “Hancock” Cast Set to Return for Sequel
Posted by GoreMaster Special Effects on September 11, 2009
Will Smith, Charlize Theron and Jason Bateman are set to reunite with director Peter Berg for the sequel to Columbia Pictures’ “Hancock.”
Berg revealed the news at the Toronto Film Festival where he said, “Everybody’s going to come back for a sequel.” Yes, but the studio replied that there are no official deals made with the talent yet.
But you know, Smith, Theron, and Bateman will return.
As we told you last month, “The Shield” writers, Adam Ferro and Glen Mazzara, are working on the script.
No official plot has been announced but according to Variety, “Berg has said Smith and Theron will once again play immortal gods, who lose their powers when in each other’s presence. The two must pair up to deal with a third entity. The actioner is expected to explore the 3,000-year-old world they’re from, which was only hinted at in the first film.”
They’re going to expand the mythology introduced in the first movie.
Bateman will return as the PR exec who helped clean up the image of Smith’s drunk, depressed superhero.
There’s no official release date yet so stay tuned.