Dreamworks seeks Character FX Artist!
Posted by GoreMaster Special Effects on May 17, 2009
Designs and creates character effects such as cloth and fur simulations
* Develops generalized tools, used in Character FX, to help enhance the pipeline.
* Creates cloth simulation, animation and finaling animation for shot work in production.
*Creatively solve problems and achieve art direction for a shot.
* Troubleshoot and solve problems independently.
* Demonstrate artistic vision and appropriately expand upon the art direction given.
* Technical Animation for shots in production
*Cloth and Fur simulations
* Deformations, procedural modeling and animation
Strong knowledge of Maya. Exposure to rigging tools and surface modeling techniques preferred.
* Dynamic simulation background preferred.
* Scripting proficiency in Mel and Perl.
* Good problem-solving abilities.
* Strong communication skills.
* Production experience.
* Ability to handle and resolve recurring problems.
* Ability to establish priorities, work independently or within a group, and proceed with objectives without supervision.
Click here to find out more Dreamworks Jobs Postings